Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Of Accepting A Challenge: From A Viewer to A Writer





It’s always good to hear and see a news report in TV- less hassle, understandable, and quicker. Perhaps one of the best features that it has is the visuals that communicates messages and provide viewers an opportunity to relate to stories and inform them, as well. But behind this adoration are stories of sweat and time. Transcribing the script and providing them the necessary and appropriate visuals/representations are some of the most challenging parts of DEVC11, I swear!

           

With complete honesty, I rented a PC in a computer shop in Grove and actually spent a lot. If printing cost 5 pesos, the transcription actually constituted the biggest slice in my fee. Sometimes, I couldn’t understand what the interviewee or reporter says. Instead of a Camerlengo, I initially wrote camel lendo. This is just a part of the many instances that I misinterpreted words. The solution- Go, find a dictionary or thesaurus online and look for these words.

The many wonders of television news ends when the program’s over. But the bang it will crutch your beliefs and learning about something will last with the help of those images flashed in the TV screen. These will last until you find yourself reading the script.
           
Writing the TV news is more challenging than that of print or radio. But its effectiveness in showing the entire story is more than enough to repeat the process. 

No comments:

Post a Comment