Tuesday, February 12, 2013

off topic


1.)   What made it easy of difficult for you to translate your news for print to a broadcast news for radio?
As a former school broadcaster on radio, I realized that my job, same as that of a newscaster on TV, is way easier than that of a scriptwriter or editor- to write the news to be presented and read to the audience. The fact that it will be casted and heard by a lot of people is one main point that distinguishes radio news writing into writing news for the print media. The entire news, perhaps, will depend on how you will deliver it in your audience, this case, for radio listeners.
            Somehow it is an advantage for being a consistent speaker in our school programs and the experience as a radio broadcaster, way back in an interschool press conference. I had my backgrounds to the different angles in a script, and besides that I am an avid listener of radio news programs. I must say, I know a thing or two in the process of delivering news in radio. Besides that I really prefer broadcasting than journalism and/or writing. J But then again, it’s quite hard to write radio news. This time, with the help of our knowledge and mediums tackled in our lessons.

2.)   What did you realize about radio as a communication medium?
Just like any other forms of communication and media, radio is an avenue of educating people and promoting actions for social change. While newspapers are printed mediums, radio requires voice and many more things in order to be aired and convey people. You use your ability in a live-basis, very different from that of sitting in a comfortable chair in front of your computer, and start composing news for a newspaper, etc. Seated wherever, writing silently, and that’s it- you’ve done your job. So this is our work as DevCom students? We will really be engaged in all forms of media. Apparently, this is not what I really want to do- writing, but it will be worth it in the end. J

No comments:

Post a Comment